There are a lot of reasons to buy a business: independence, financial security, the pursuit of a dream. But have you thought about how you are going to sale a business? APEX M & A, Business Exit Planning is a customized process of setting goals and deciding how best to sell business. APEX M & A, Business Exit Planning helps you maximize your financial return and minimize your tax liability when you sell your business. If you die or become disabled before you retire, APEX M&A, Business Exit Planning will help the business survive your departure enabling you and your family to receive its full value.
It is the deliberate, adaptable way that a business owner can leave their business on their on their terms and on their schedule. The process will yield a highly-tailored result for each business owner and ensure that all issues are covered.
APEX M & A takes the following approach:
A complete APEX M & A, Business Exit Plan rests on a 7 step design process. These steps are illustrated in seven simple questions:
- Do you know your exact retirement goals and what it will take – in cash – to reach them?
- Do you know how much your business is worth today, in cash?
- Do you know the best way to maximize the income stream generated by your ownership interest?
- Do you know how to sell your business to a third party and pay the least possible taxes?
- Do you know how to transfer or sell your business to family members, co-owners, or employees while paying the least possible taxes and enjoying maximum financial security?
- Do you have a continuity plan for your business if the unexpected happens to you?
- Does your family have financial security if the unexpected happens to you?
The corresponding Exit Planning Steps are:
- Establishing Owner Objectives
- Establishing Business Value
- Building Value and Cash Flow
- Selling a Business to a Third Party for Top Dollar
- Transferring to Management or Family Members
- Developing a Contingency Plan for the Business
- Family Wealth Preservation Planning
In summary, owners face a number of barriers to a successful exit from their businesses:
- Most owners don’t know that there is a proven Exit Planning Process.
- Most business brokers / advisors are unaware of all that can be done to assist owners as they begin to plan for their business exits.
- Without a plan, exiting or selling your business can be daunting and, as a result, owners wait until it is too late to undertake it.